LinkedIn Success Training
LinkedIn has been the leading professional platform for years. It is an excellent place to find and attract customers, candidates, partners, suppliers, media contacts, a new job, expertise and much more.
However, many people don’t know how to put it to use. Hence this LinkedIn Success Training.
We use the LinkedIn for Success Pathway to implement a LinkedIn strategy and successfully reach your business goals.
To be really successful, all 9 steps from phase 1, 2 and 3 need to be taken. Phase 4 (Expand) is not absolutely necessary, but it gives an extra boost.
However, most people and organizations only take three of those steps: create a personal profile, create a company profile and write & react.
But even then, they usually only use a fraction of what is possible (almost nobody turns their profile in an automatic lead generator), get frustrated about the low amount of views on their posts (because they don’t how the algorithm works) or don’t use LinkedIn in a way that is appealing to their target audience (potential customers, candidates or others).
The good news is that you can be very successful only using the free account. That’s why the bulk of the time and content of this training is dedicated to what you can accomplish with a free account.
Of course, the premium subscriptions give you extra options, otherwise they wouldn’t exist. That’s why you will also learn which extra opportunities they bring and how they can benefit you.
The 12 steps of the LinkedIn Success Pathway are divided over 6 modules of each 1 – 2 hours.
Module 1: Build Your Presence (Currently free to watch!)
Setting the scene
- Why do so many people fail to understand what they can do with LinkedIn and how to use it to reach their business goals.
- What LinkedIn is (not).
- The 3 most important fundamental principles of (online) networking and how they can make or break your results with LinkedIn.
The bigger picture
- LinkedIn Pathway for Success©.
- Difference between using LinkedIn B2B and B2C.
- Where LinkedIn fits in your marketing, recruiting and sales strategy.
- The missing links to make LinkedIn work for you.
Create an attractive Personal LinkedIn Profile
- Why it is important that every employee has an attractive LinkedIn Profile (especially sales, marketing, recruiting, management and other external oriented co-workers, but also everybody else).
- Why not all LinkedIn Profiles should look the same: the LinkedIn Profile Matrix©.
- 20 tips to craft an attractive Profile for both personal and company branding.
- How to transform your personal LinkedIn Profile into a lead generation tool to attract more customers or candidates.
- How to avoid to “spam” your network with every new detail when updating your profile.
- How to create your background banner with a free tool (with instructions).
How to create an attractive Company Profile
- 7 tips to make your Company Profile stand out.
- When to create Showcase Pages and when not.
- The different calls to action (buttons) and how to use them.
- Which extra features to use to increase the chances to get found.
- How to turn the Company Profile into an automatic lead generator.
Module 2: Become Visible
Build your network
- 5 ways to quickly build the foundation for your network.
- Do’s and don’ts regarding inviting people.
- How to deal with receiving invitations in a respectful and proper way, even if you don’t know the person who is inviting you.
- How to avoid being restricted by LinkedIn regarding who you can invite.
- Free tool to react on 50 invitations in 5 minutes time (and save time in many other ways).
Keeping in touch with your network
- Why not to use your LinkedIn contacts as a mailing list (and what to do instead).
- Making use of notifications.
- How to use birthdays.
Writing & Reacting on LinkedIn
- Posts vs Articles.
- The like, share, comment and send buttons: what to use best for which purpose.
- The LinkedIn Algorithm Demystified: 4 most important aspects that make or break your reach.
- Which kind of content works well.
- What to look out for in the structure of a post.
- Free tools to find interesting content on other platforms.
- What are the right Groups to join.
- Best ways to find a Group.
- The impact of the 1-9-90 rule of Groups.
- How to create an event.
- How to use the LinkedIn app to find people at offline events.
- How to use the LinkedIn app to easily connect with others when you meet them offline.
Module 3: Get Results: Find Customers or Candidates
- The G.A.I.N. Exercise© for achieving better results in finding customers or candidates via your online and offline network.
Finding Customers, Candidates and other people that can help you reach your goals
- The 5-step basic strategy to find the right people via LinkedIn (with a focus on new customers and employees, but this can also be applied to finding new partners, suppliers, journalists, internal/external experts and other people that can help you reach your goals).
- 11 ways to use LinkedIn to find customers, candidates or other interesting people.
Power your searches
- How to use Boolean Search to power your search results.
- Free tool to get look backs on your personal profile (and why to use it).
- How to ask for referrals or introductions.
- The one tool outside LinkedIn to get more introductions to new customers: the Magic Mail©.
Module 4: Find More Customers with LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Differences between free and premium accounts from a marketing and sales perspective
- Free account
- Business Premium
- Sales Navigator
“LinkedIn Sales Navigator” (premium subscription)
- More targeted searches:
- 5 extra ways to find decision makers in organisations.
- 5 extra search filters within your network.
- How to use the extra “level” of searches: companies (accounts) besides people (leads).
- How to set up up to 15 notifications that automatically alert you via e-mail when there are new prospects for you.
- How to set up automatic suggestions in your timeline of potential customers:
- People / decision makers.
- How to find conversation starters using filters on the LinkedIn activity of decision makers and organizations.
- Use and abuse of InMails: the danger of sending an InMail at the wrong moment and when to actually use them.
- What is an Open Profile and how it can help you.
- The benefit of showing the LinkedIn Premium badge on your personal profile.
- The CRM capabilities of Sales Navigator: lists, extra contact info, notes, tags and reporting links within a company.
Module 5: Find More Candidates with LinkedIn Recruiter
Differences between premium accounts from a recruiting perspective
- Recruiter Lite
- Recruiter Professional Services (RPS)
Current Sourcing Challenges
- Solution: 3 level approach
“LinkedIn Recruiter” (premium subscription)
- The benefits of extra search filters.
- How to create talent pools with Projects.
- How to adapt Recruiter to your own situation.
- How to set up automatic alerts for potential candidates.
- How to create job ads.
- When to use InMails and when not.
Cooperation between Sourcers/Recruiters and Hiring Managers
- Role and actions of sourcers/recruiters.
- Role and actions of hiring managers.
- How to increase visibility of posts.
Module 6: Finetune your experience, work with ads and cooperate as a team
How to finetune “Settings & Privacy” to
- Avoid a LinkedIn e-mail overload.
- Only see the relevant updates on your Home Page.
- Decide who can see what of your presence.
- Change which ads you see.
- Choose which notifications LinkedIn sends you and on which device.
- Decide who can invite you to connect.
- Hide “spammers” on your timeline.
- Block someone on LinkedIn.
- Why it is important to have more than one e-mail address linked to your account.
- Campaign Manager:
- Creating an ad: content and targeting
- Insight Tag, Conversion tracking, Matched Audiences, Lead Gen Forms
- Sponsored Updates
- How employee advocacy can help you reach your sales or recruiting targets.
- How to avoid the most important objections or resistance.
- How to support colleagues to become ambassadors.
- How to get colleagues to like, comment and share more.
Time per module is 1 – 2 hours. The time to apply the tips afterwards is 0,5 – 1 hour per session.
The trainer of the LinkedIn Success Training is Jan Vermeiren.
Jan is the author of 4 books including the international best seller “How to REALLY use LinkedIn”.
He is the former owner of Networking Coach, the first certified LinkedIn Training partner in the world.
How to measure your investment in this program
One of the KPI’s you can use to measure your chances on success (and your progress when applying the tips of this training), is LinkedIn’s Social Selling Index (SSI). You can find your own by clicking on https://www.linkedin.com/sales/ssi (you need to be logged in in LinkedIn to be able to see this).
The general assumption is that your SSI needs to be at least 60 to have LinkedIn work for you.
This is only part of the picture (because it only measures quantitatively, not qualitatively), but it already gives a first direction.
When you apply the strategies from The LinkedIn Success Training you won’t only raise your SSI, but also achieve your business goals.
In order to help you to become as successful as you can be on LinkedIn, I have created three programs:
The Starter Program is focused on what you can do with a free account and consists of the three first modules:
- Build Your Presence
- Become Visible
- Get results: Find Customers or Candidates
Teach Me Program
The Teach Me Program consists of all 6 modules:
- Build Your Presence
- Become Visible
- Get Results: Find Customers or Candidates
- Find More Customers with LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Find More Candidates with LinkedIn Recruiter
- Finetune your experience, work with ads and cooperate as a team
Support Me Program
I added all the support I could think of to the “Teach Me Program” to help you reach your goals:
Before the start: LinkedIn Personal Profile Self-Assessment to detect the gaps so you can get the most out of the “Build Your Presence” module.
Detailed checklist with action items to increase your SSI.
10 week follow up by e-mail to do small actions that will help you reach your goals.
1 hour personal coaching session with me to receive feedback on your personal LinkedIn Profile for further optimization.
1 hour personal coaching session with me to discuss your personal LinkedIn strategy and any other questions you may have.
2 x 1 hour personal follow up coaching session.
In case you first want to experience the quality of the content or are just want to take the first step (improve your personal and company profile), you can follow the first module (Build Your Presence) for free.
- Language: English for the recordings. Coaching: English or Dutch.
- After you have registered, an account is automatically created. You will receive a link to login. Check your spam filter after registering!
- In your account you will find the recordings.
- If you have purchased the Support Me Program you will also find the Profile Self Assessment, the Checklist, 10 week e-mail follow up and the instructions to schedule your personal coaching sessions with Jan in your account.
As usual, our guarantee is simple and straightforward: if you are not satisfied with the training for whatever reason, we refund the tuition fee. Easy, no hassle.
Are you looking for ways to optimize the LinkedIn strategy for an entire sales, marketing or recruiting team or for your whole organization where several departments are involved?
Contact us for a personalized in-company program.