Founder – Jan Vermeiren
Hi! Nice to meet you!
Since I regularly get the question what my credentials are, I gladly share my successes and failures.
I know what it takes to …
- build something from scratch out of a passion (my previous company Networking Coach which nobody believed in at first which I started after a career in the software industry, see below)
- be very successful (international best sellers “Let’s Connect!” and “How to REALLY use LinkedIn” and the first training partner of LinkedIn worldwide)
- almost go bankrupt (with the Generous Networkers project),
- doubt myself and have a burn-out, getting back on my feet (with the successful sale of Networking Coach)
- reflect about what happened and share the insights (in the book “Life is a Game!”)
- and finally from a renewed connection with my passions bring something new to the world (Soul Business and The Compassionate Leader).
In other words I know what it is to (often alone) bring something to the world, with ups and downs. If we work together, you can ask me any question. I will share both my successes and failures. Because that is information you often don’t have access to.
I started this company from scratch. Together with my team I worked for more than 500 organizations world wide including 3M, Adecco, Agoria, Alcatel, Bosch, Bridgestone, Deloitte, DHL, ING, IBM, KBC, MCI, MKB Nederland, Movares, Nike, Philips, Rabobank, SAP, Schiphol Group, SD Worx, Siemens, Telenet, Unizo and VOKA.
During this time I wrote several books, including two international best sellers: Let’s Connect! and How to REALLY Use LinkedIn and I was a guest lecturer in the international MBA programs of Vlerick Business School (Belgium) and Rotterdam School of Management (Netherlands).
I have been interviewed over 100 times by national and international media: television (de Zevende Dag, Lichtpunt), radio (Radio 1, Studio Brussel, Tros) and other media like Forbes, AD, Vacature, Sales Magazine, de Tijd, Jobat, het Parool and het Ingenieursblad.
Last but not least: Networking Coach was the first official LinkedIn training partner in the world.
I don’t share this to brag, but to show that I know what it is to build a company with consulting, training, coaching, publishing and speaking activities with lots of ups and downs (yes, lots of trial and error). And that it takes more than just a plan, but also lots of self discovery and personal growth.
Now I help trainers, coaches and consultants attract larger projects and work with more top clients using the Soul Business Roadmap.
- Book Let’s Connect! (2006)
- Soft cover: English, Dutch
- CD Let’s Connect at an Event! (2007)
- English, Dutch, French
- Everlasting Referrals Home Study Course (2008)
- Book How to REALLY use LinkedIn (2009)
- English, Dutch
- The Network Box (2010)
- Book How to REALLY use LinkedIn second edition (2011)
- Book The Power of LinkedIn (2014)
- Book Life is a Game! (2015)
- Book The Compassionate Leader – How to Create Space for an Inspiring Vibe (2019)
- E-book: English, Dutch
- Soft cover: English, Dutch